A 360° immersive sound production studio:
a world first, deployed in the Basque Country
Intelligence Audio, a company founded in Paris and specializing in sound production, has chosen the Basque Country, and particularly the city of Bayonne, to set up the world’s first 360° immersive studio. Thanks to its sound sources in front of, behind and above us, Intelligence Audio offers a real sound experience to French and international artists, concert halls and festivals. Intelligence Audio also offers to work in the studio and to apply this mix live at events.
Basque Invest, a department headed by François Applagnat, was delighted to support the founders of Intelligence Audio in their establishment, which enriches our territory with a new technology likely to attract the biggest names and the biggest venues.
Setting up his company in the Basque Country was an obvious choice for Sébastien Roblin, co-founder of Intelligence Audio (who presents his company in this video). Attracted at first by the human dimension of the city of Bayonne, the founders were looking for a city where the economic fabric was dynamic, but which could above all rely on strong relationships and trustworthy people. In addition to this human aspect, the environment of Bayonne and its connections with the cities of Biarritz, Anglet and Spain were very interesting for Intelligence Audio. Indeed, the company can consider synergies and collaborations with local theaters, such as Atabal in Biarritz, the Kursaal in San Sebastian or the Spanish movie production center Zinemaldia.
Intelligence Audio was aware of the economic activity in the audiovisual, animation, communication and creative studio sectors in the Basque Country. The Basque Country also has renowned training courses in the audiovisual sector, such as the BTS at ESAPB (Ecole Supérieure d’Art du Pays Basque), which ensures the presence of qualified profiles.
After making contact on the Bayonne Chamber of Commerce and Industry website, Basque Invest was connected with Intelligence Audio in order to respond to their request to set up in the Basque Country. Their objective being to work with people who knows the local ecosystem perfectly, François Applagnat was able to meet their needs by working on various points:
- Presentation to the founders of the Basque ecosystem in their sector of activity
- Establishing contact with the Digital Cluster in the Basque Country (run by the Basque Country Agglomeration Community)
- Search for premises that meet the specific requirements of their activity: high ceilings, discretion of the premises, industrial zone, proximity to high-end housing to accommodate artists, etc.
- Establishing contact with banking institutions
- Helping to organize the inauguration of the studio, in the presence of major local representatives (politicians, regional elected representatives, Bayonne town hall, local and national press, etc.)
- Dissemination of various local communications promoting their technology and the creation of the studio
Basque Invest is delighted with this great collaboration and establishment in the Basque region. Do you have a project to set up a company in the Basque Country? Do not hesitate to contact us.